Just to let you know - I've emailed our Party Committee to see if we are still a go for today - as soon as they make a decision, I'll email you again. If you don't hear anything, you can assume that the party is still a go.
I've emailed all of you the "Christmas letter" - if your child is getting their membership for Christmas, you can print it off. Please be aware that they cannot attend club activities until their membership is renewed. If you need to make payment arrangements, you can do that through Stacey, our Treasurer.
Just a friendly reminder that our Pony Club activity this weekend will be our Christmas Party and Badge Ceremony - it will be a wonderful chance for our whole Pony Club family to get together :) As you know, it will be 1:00 - 4:00 at the Ville Centre in Marysville. This information is on our website calendar as well http://www.frederictonponyclub.net/activities-calendar.html, and I also try to add these updates to our InfoBlog, also on the website.
Please also note the following:
- you will be able to submit your registration forms/2017 payments to Stacey at the party (it's not required - but for insurance reasons, your child can't participate in 2017 activities until NBEA and Pony Club forms/payments are received. This is a directive from Canadian Pony Club.) All the forms and information was sent to you last week or so. If you are planning on giving your child their 2017 membership as a present, I need to know by Saturday, Dec 17 so I can get the letter ready for you to put under your tree.
- the Clothing Order has arrived! I hope to have these items with me Sunday, but I'll keep them out in my truck. If your child is getting an item for Christmas, come find me (or Caroline) and we will quietly get it to you :)
- there will be Pony Club T-shirts and winter hats for sale as well for last-minute Christmas ideas if you're interested.
- I would LOVE to try and get a picture of the entire group at the party - this is a wonderful group of kids (and parents) and if we can pull it off, I'd love to try!
- Sachelle and the fundraising committee will be distributing chocolate bars/instructions at the party -
- please note that we won't have Pony Club on December 25 or January 1. I'm sure you're all ok with that :) I am, however, extending an invitation to any Pony Clubbers who would like to do "Christmas Eve Barn Duty", I will be out in the barn from 1:00 - 3:00 pm on December 24. This was a tradition at Fredericton Pony Club when I was a kid and I'm happy to try to keep this going :) They can drop in and give their favorite equine/feline friend a treat and a pat, have some hot chocolate and spend a bit of time if they wish. Please let me know if I should expect your child/family so I know how many treats to prepare. If your child wants to bring the horses treats, the following are acceptable:
- apple juice
- one last thing: if your child is NOT returning to Pony Club next year, could you please let me know so I can remove you from this mailing list? I don't want to clutter up your mailbox with things you don't need.
I think that's all for now - I look forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!
1. Prince Philips Games Day message from Stacey - Saturday, December 10:
Only a few days away from the PPG in Hampton this Saturday. I have the following members signed up to go:
If there are others interested, please email me at email@example.com by end of day today. The cost is $20 - which can be e-transferred to me at that email as well. Stacey need to send off the final numbers to Jenn Hanson (Hampton Pony Club) TODAY. You do not need horse experience to participate!
2. Because of the PPG day, there will not be Pony Club at Shadow Lane Farm on Sunday.
3. I'm attaching information about renewing memberships for 2017. Please read the instructions and carefully complete the paperwork. IF YOU'D LIKE YOUR 2017 MEMBERSHIP TO BE A CHRISTMAS PRESENT, we need to know ASAP so we can get your "present" ready to put under the tree :)
4. As you may have heard, we had an unfortunate accident happen last Sunday with the older kids. Abby, one of our members, was bitten by Dash (the boarder who lives in my barn). I want to let everyone know that safety is my absolute top priority, as the kids know - I am very strict about safety in the barn and around the horses. Abby did not do anything unsafe. Dash's owner has been notified and was extremely upset - she is voluntarily removing him from my barn. This was very upsetting to our members and me. If you can please explain to your child that he won't be there much longer (she is looking at options right now to determine what happens next), that would be great. The most important thing is that Abby is ok and is looking forward to returning to her favorite place, the barn.
5. Our Fundraising Committee has ordered chocolate bars for our members to sell - these will be distributed soon - once the committee sends me an update on schedule, etc. I will send this to everyone.
just letting you know that yes, we will have Pony Club this weekend, but we will be moving to our "Winter Hours" from now until the spring. It's too cold to be outside as long as we are in the warmer months, and I find that the kids just end up in the tack room where it's warmer. We want quality time over quantity!
Our Winter Hours are as follows:
Younger members 2:00 - 3:00
Older Members 3:15 - 4:45
A few other notes:
- clothing order has been sent and is planned for delivery on December 19.
- I have had 1 parent offer to volunteer on the Regional Board - I would love to have a few more Fredericton parents around the table - please let me know if you'd like to take part! We have a meeting this weekend (Sunday morning) so if you'd like to join the board, you can drive with me - it's not hard and it's essential for parents to get involved to make Pony Club a great experience.
- next weekend (December 10) is our Regional Prince Philip games, at Hampton Pony Club - if your child still wants to participate, all our welcome - no riding experience is necessary and all precautions are taken to ensure that everyone is safe and has a BLAST!
As always, I ask that you reply so I know you've received this information, and let me know if your child will be attending FPC this weekend.